Thursday, April 29, 2010

the pre-baby blues

The baby shower is over.  My first and last trip whilst pregnant is over and done or better yet survived.  Now all that is left is the nesting and the waiting.

I think this will prove itself to be the hardest part.  Really.  The last nine months have seriously flown bye.  Granted major change in my life has begun to be the norm, I am still a Taurus and I do.not.like.it.  I am however, very excited for the change of baby outside, not inside a little bit of personal space and the like.  Though I'm not looking forward to all of the gross post-baby things either.  You know such as:  contractions, labor, birthing, placenta, goo covered bebe, breast feeding, whatever lochia is, etc.  Then there is the wonder that is parenthood...no sleep-I'm assuming what feels like being very drunk without the presence of alcohol, crying bebe, squirming bebe, pooping bebe, etc.

And I'm sure that there is plenty of beauty in motherhood, but unfortunately I have no close friends that can assure me of this.  Guess I'm on my own.  So for the next 2-6 weeks all I have left are doctor appointments, a huge unruly belly, and my own dark over-analyzing thoughts.  Oh yeah my birthday is next week.  Yay for 25...

No comments:

Post a Comment