Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nursery in waiting

The nursery is definitely on it's way to being finished.  I've got the majority of necessary things for small people and by the way that is a lot of stuff for something that currently fits inside of me!  This is mostly thanks to Heather & Connor.  Kemp painted the room a few weeks ago...we ended up choosing something very neutral.  It's so neutral it was called "sand."  And my super awesome creative friend is going to come and paint an amazing tree on the wall when school is out.  I'm very excited about what she is going to do.  Here is the room so far....


Cute crib...lots of stuff in it.


Not so great picture of the car seat, stroller, swing and rocker (my mom has had it since I was a baby).  And the walls look nice (thanks to Kemp)!


Awesome bench!  I might try to use it for a bookshelf until Jack is big enough to actually sit in it.  It should go well under the tree.

My mom also helped organize the closet.  It is now baby closet/linen closet and one of the most organized things in my entire house.  I wanted to choose a really cool quote to go on the wall, but I think that I might just buy a canvas and paint one on that.  I recently discovered a good Dr. Seuss one:  "You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself any direction that you choose."  If anyone else has any suggestions I'm definitely open to them.

I only have six weeks and the nursery is still a work in progress, but hopefully I still have time!

No comments:

Post a Comment