Monday, December 7, 2009

the 2nd trimester

I'm officially in the middle of my pregnacy (wow, it still feels weird writing that!). I'm feeling much better in every way. I'm still incredibly scared of the responsibility of raising a child, but I'm getting there.

I just visited an old friend that I haven't really spent time with in a while. She has two great boys and that definately made me much more confident in my parenting abilities. She had her first when she was 17. If she can raise two kids like that so young, I know that I can too.

I heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time on November 13. Kemp and I went to my last Dr. appt. and recorded the heartbeat. It is really crazy. Most of the time it is very surreal that I have a baby chilling inside of me, but when you hear the heartbeat it makes it very real. My first ultrasound is on Dec. 22 and I'm so excited to actually see the baby. And maybe to find out the gender....go boy! We'll see...

1 comment: